1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Nice touch on the dormers Paul.

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Chris, I use a Canon EOS Rebel XT and put it on auto/no flash and it works great! I do clean it up a little using auto settings and shadow/highlight in photoshop though.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Chris, you will be able to as well with good lenses.

4. NightScenes

Thanks Chris, just some MR11 fixtures with frosted lenses.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Looks great paul. Those dormers turned out nice. Love your work. Love the moon lighting to.

6. BUSH LOVER

BUSH LOVER LawnSite Member

cast lighting has the best photos i've ever seen.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

whats the deal ? Texas night scapes and nightscapes... You franchising out paul ?

8. NightScenes

No Billy, I'm not franchising. I'm just going to say that my attorney is working on this issue.

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Ruh roh raggy

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Chris: For years I got excellent results from my Canon G3. (current version is a Canon G6) It is a great full function camera for taking great shots in all circumstances. All of the photography on my web site ( www.integralighting.com ) was taken with this camera.

If you are not into full pro camera rigs I would highly recommend it. Recently I upgraded to a Canon 30D and added a lot of awesome lenses, flash, tripod, remote trigger, etc etc. This is a fantastic rig but is quite pricey with all the extras. ( My 70 -200 F2.8 ultrasonic image stabilized zoom lens was $3000.00 alone. )

More important then a good camera is a lot of knowledge on composition, contrast, depth and low light shooting techniques to get the best results. Taking an evening course in photography would help out a lot of people immensely.

Have a great weekend.