Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim, have you tried the standard 3000K 45 degree lamp for tree mounted downlighting? That is my go-to standard for properties that enjoy full darkness. I find that the the 2x lamps are simply too bright for this application. You will get a more subtle effect, less spill between locations and less reflection that provides ambient light. If I were mounting at 45 feet and higher I would probably go with the 2x, but at our standard 30' the 240 Lumen lamps are just the bomb.

Regards.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I am still trying to figuire out which LED's to use in each application. It's like learning all over again. The 2x's are twice as bright as I was expecting them to be (I guess it's better to over perform than under deliver). Your right though, I will have to try the standards, I was just afraid of them being too dim like others I have seen. Not a problem with the Illumicare line though, I am finding out. (pleasantly surprised :)

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Lamps for lighting guys by a lighting guy. :dancing:

Have you tried the miniatures yet? They now come in both 3000K and 2700K

4. Lite4

I will be buying some this week for some deck lights. I am going to order the 'swivel head' type. This is ingenious. That adaptation must have come from an installer who knows that those sockets sit askew. My local supplier doesn't carry that particular version so I will have to order it direct I guess.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Talk to your distributor and ask them to bring some in. It could be they are just not aware they exist. The rotatable base G4 BiPin idea was on the list when George G. from LRI brought it up and pushed it forward into development. Took a few iterations to get it to market, but here it is. Thanks George!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. indylights

indylights LawnSite Member

He's probably not on here because every time a sponsor chimes in about something they get accused of trying to push their products on people and sell stuff. Yet certain contractors can promote certain lines almost exclusively over and over again and no one says a word about that.

Scott Maloney
    Sunflower Landscapes

7. Lite4

I don't mind if the paying sponsors push their products on here. In fact, it is this type of discussion where I will actually learn more about their products and can make a more educated buying decision. I don't care if it's Steve or James or whoever. It's all good to me brother.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

I dont think there is any issue here with sponsors promoting their products and services. Nor do I think there is any issue here with forum participants (contractors) commenting on the products that they use, improve, develop, or are impressed with. Where the issues seem to arise is when participants and/or sponsors get embroiled in discussions that criticize, tear down, or attack others. It cannot be an easy job moderating this forum, and sometimes unpopular editing decisions are made. Lord knows I have been subjected to some of those edits. But all in all I still think that this forum contains a vast and complete collection of knowledge and opinion on our industry.

9. Lite4

that's for sure. There is nothing else like it for the reserve of archives anywhere on the web.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Just finished (almost) this kitchen got the lights on the kitchen setup so the HO can enjoy for thanksgiving. Really happy the way it turned out photos are off my iphone so not a great but I was impressed too with the quality its a new iphone 5.

there are under counter lights as well but I've not bulbed yet.

Brandon Vaughan
    www.tomscreek.com

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg