Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Joey,
    Thanks for the compliment I would be honored to have you send the picture out and about. I will try to get a hold of you on Monday. Also I would like to hear about your photography tips. I am using a very basic digital camera an Olympus stylus. I seems to work well in landscape settings but when I try to do light colored homes/architecture it turns out way too hot. I can't figure it out? FYI I am taking a photo class at my local community college this fall. At some point I might figure out night time photography.
    ~Ned
    www.nightlightingfx.com
    ~Ned

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

GH, I use a couple of different fixtures and lamps for dormer or upper level lighting. For the dormers in the photo that you are referring to, I am using a Kichler 15398 MR11 fixture with a 10 watt lamp and frosted lens. On other occasions I use the Unique Stellar. Sometimes I use frosted lenses or spread lenses, depending on the project. I use filters and lenses alot in my designs.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Small job, Just finished the landscape and got the lighting in yesterday. Yes, I hid the underwater light at the base of the falls this morning. I was out of rock and had to pick up some more. Also took care of some of the glare issues with the lights. Will be adding more lights and landscaping in 2 weeks to front and side yards.

P1010017.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

very nice Tim you've really got it goin on.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

is that a well light on the tree?

6. Lite4

Well light, yes.

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

well good luck with that. otherwise looks good.

8. Lite4

you must have had some bad luck with them. Happens sometimes. I silicone seal the connections so they don't short out when water inevitably fills the can.

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

yeh but ants build nests in them, and mulch or pine straw doesnt like heat. and dirt gets in them, and its hard to clean! using wells in beds is bad, i got chewed once for doing this by mr johnson...

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Well lights are not for every sitation but there are applications where well lights are the best option and in some cases the only option.