Postage Going UP Again???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Nov 25, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Heard on the news the USPS is seeking a 10% increase in current stamp prices, which would put them about .41c vs the current .37c. This is just another way to hurt my pocket book. :realmad: Thought I let people know.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

bill via email

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

who eats this increase, us, or the customer?

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I will agree I'm not happy about a higher price, but I don't see it being as too big of hit to our jingle. We use about 115 stamps per month during the season to run the biz and household. At 4 extra cents, that's an extra $4.60 a month.
    Now if only I could get our mailman to deliver our mail consistently, then I wouldn't mind the little increase.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

When was the last time they uped postage though? Hasn't it been several years? You would think with all the electronic mail today there would be less demand on the postal system. Did they have anything up on the postal site about the privatization of mail carriers? Keep hearing this every so often. Private companies clain it would lower cost for consumers and for businesses but I'd be leary of having someone that makes next to nothing handling the mail.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

:cry: I just bought a roll of 100 - 37 cent stamps! :dizzy:

7. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

WTF, you guys are complaining about that small of an increase??

We pay .59cents per stamp here!

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Just raise your prices 4 cents per month.

9. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Is 4 cents all that big of a deal?? How come we never hear anybody piss and moan about Fedex and UPS raising their rates EVERY year! When was the last postage increase? They have held this rate for quite a few years but yet look at all the price increases (gas, insurance etc.)that have come in that time span.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I believe what gets everyones goat is that it usually doesn't seem to affect the price of bulk "junk" mail prices as much. Now, granted, some of you here with unsolicited mails to potential customers might get these bulk rates also.. but that's not my target. My target is the credit card companies that seem to be on a constant tick of mailing out offerings. I bet if bulk mail rates increased 2.5 cents per piece, first class postage of 37 cents could actually stay at 37 cents.