Postage meaters

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bohiaa, Jun 29, 2008.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

DO you guys use these, or just put a stamp on out going mail.......

Getting a few customers now and it seems I'm spending about 1 hrs putting stamps on envelopes

2. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Stamps.com is what I use...

3. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

I buy a roll of stamps and put 'em on 100 envelopes while I'm watching TV unwinding. The I have a bunch of stamped envelopes ready to go anytime I need one.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Stamps are actualy faster. I used to have a postage metor , You would prepay a certain ammount and be good to go. Then they started financing and would bill you. I did a postage refill with $200 in my account and they automaticly financed it and charged me like 18% interest. I called and lit them up for hawking it while the whole time I had my money just sitting there. After that I went back to stamps.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i also thought about this but didn't have time to research it

6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I like this idea.

7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

You'll like it even better after you try it - it's such a joy to just grab an envelope and have it be ready to address without the hassle of "where are the stamps?".

8. TurfdudeNCSU

TurfdudeNCSU LawnSite Member

We have a meter... throw the envelopes on one side and finished sitting in the tray when you come back. We mail out about 300-400 per month with invoices and checks and I got tired of having to stand in line to by rolls of stamps. It's only $70 per quarter for the machine and you reload the machine when you need more stamps and they draft your account for just the stamps that you order typically $100.00 worth at a time.