1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Postage meter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Sep 4, 2007.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I am posting in another section as well.

Does anybody use a postage meter? With mailing out 1000+ letters in the fall and spring, plus invoices and statements throughout the year, I am thinking of getting one. Any suggestions? Just very time consuming to stamp up 1000+ mailings at a time.
  2. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at stamps.com. You can print postage directly on the envelope you're mailing. I used a postage meter for years, and have a deep-seated hatred for Pitney Bowes. The other companies are just as bad. Cancelling my PB service ranks up there as one of the most time consuming and frustrating ordeals I have been through. We had a lease on a machine that PB made obsolete -- no offer to upgrade, no support, but they still expected me to make the lease payments. Finally got it settled, but took months and more money than I thought was fair -- just to get rid of them.

We've used stamps.com for years and have been very satisfied.
  3. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Had a pitney bowes and had the same problems, we found that taking bulk mail like billings or advertisements was always best to take straight to the post office.