Postage

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Mar 1, 2008.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

I am thinking about doing some direct mailings and was curious if there is something you can do to get a reduced price on postage or do i just go buy a bunch of stamps. I have never done this before so really interested to see how this can turn out. Thanks for the help

2. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

you dont get a price break unless you get a bulk mail permit....300 bucks

if i could do it all over again id use one of these web sites that make up your ad on a half page postcard and mail it out using their bulk postage permit

trust me its gonna be cheaper than buying the addresses....having your cardstock printed and then postage..

i have almost 850 bucks out on 2000 postcards between printing, 23 cent stamps and addresses & labels which i have spent over 10 hours making up, folding, stamping, labeling

i sent out 500 and over 300 have come back undeliverable as addressed....the mailing list company wants me to send out the postmarks and then i will only get those addresses replaced.....they wont refund postage so stay away from alescodata.com

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Thank you for the info i appreciate it

4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

stamps are alot higher than .23 now!!!

5. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

haha well i do a double sided 4x6 postcard, which scrapes by as a postcard postage 23 cents

if i did a half page postcard or a letter id be sitting another 360 bucks in the hole with 41 cent stamps on 2000 items..

not fair in my opinion, i mean my postcards are going right up the street, not to alaska!

they should figure postage based on distance or give more of a price break to those mailing out more than a few x-mas cards

6. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

If your putting a .41cent stamp on a postcard then you need to ask your local post office the price.:)

7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

What post office you using? Post card postage here is .26, I just sent out 365 post cards.

8. Sweet Tater

What post office you using? Post card postage here is .26, I just sent out 365 post cards.

9. Sweet Tater

10. Sweet Tater

ooppss sorry.