1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Postal Rates

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PR Fect, Jan 5, 2006.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm told by a friend that postage is going up by 5.4% next week. Did anyone else here that? Flyer's and invoice costs need to be refigured. PR
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

yep, it's no rumor... lol. 39 cents.

I'm starting to feel old... I remember when it was 25 cents for first class postage! ;-P
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

yup, my mother is a postmaster and it's true. Priority and express has gone up a lot also!!!!!:cry:
  5. PR Fect

First fuel, then Fert, now billing costs. Anything else before I set my 06 rates? PR
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, didn't you hear? Uncle sam now wants 40% from self employed people instead of the standard 33.33%. It's called the F*** the small businessman till he dies tax. The wealthy are getting a 6.66% tax cut this year...

(I'm just joking by the way, I HOPE!)
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Is 2 cents per stamp really a cause to refigure rates? It will cost me an additional $1.20 a month, or about $12 a year. I better close up shop, I just can't afford it!

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2 cents aghh,please tell me not some1 was tellling me about e mail.
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Save me a spot on the soup line will ya!! LOL
  10. PR Fect

OK, we could all use a laugh now and then. But if you guys think thats its only 2 cents, good luck to ya. Its 5.4% on all mail. Raise your rates 5.4% in one year and see if you loose anyone. When the post office does it so does UPS, FedEx, and the rest. Everything you buy over the Internet, parts, tools, ect. It will all cost more, and not by pennies. I'm in business to make money. And by knowing what our cost will be is how we stay ahead of the game. And thats my 2 cents. PR