postcard criteria

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gaulk, Feb 14, 2004.

1. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

Ok need a little help here, i wont to send out about 4000 post cards with in the next couple of weeks and i wont to make sure I'm not over looking the obvious .What would you say would be some of the most important criteria to complete this list i have every thing else complete but a final list ,i wont to make sure I'm getting every thing correct .Any advice would be great

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

wont is WANT!

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here is what criteria I went with. Homeowner, property value of $150,000+, 50 and older and demographics according to zip code. I am wont (lol) to mail 5000 postcards, but in the 2 zip codes that I gave, only 3500 residents came up. So now I have the option to give different zip codes for the other 1500 residents...or change my criterias....might go to the age 45+ or lower the property value. I posted a thread on this very subject a few weeks ago for anyone who has went with mailing list and go very few responses.

4. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

walker-talker makes the point, make sure your demographics are narrowed well. I usually use 40+ for age simply because many here are two income families, both work and many have newer homes.

5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys get the addresses to mail to? Where are you going for this info?

6. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

thanks guys I guess what im asking is for those who have about 60 or more cutomers to think of a way to group them into categories.Based on the info that you know how would categorize them. Dual income over 100,000 proterty value house size etc.....