postcard mailing ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scarr133, Mar 13, 2006.

1. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

for those of you who mail out postcards, if anyone labels them themselves and mails them out, who do you use to mail them (apply the postage to the cards)? I checked with my post office today, and they dont have a way to put the postage on, so if I don't find someone that does that, then I have to stamp about 2500 cards myself. Looking for better way. Please help. Thanks.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are getting some post cards printed at our local print shop right now. He is doing the labels for us also. I thought that with bulk mail the post office would stamp them for you. Do a search on yahoo.com, I know if you let a company make the post card, some will mail them at a discount rate also.

3. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just do a search on usps.com

4. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I took last sunday night and folded and stamped alot of mailers, roughly 800 of them during desperate housewives and greys anatomy:cool2:

5. scarr133

the company I had make mine would have mailed them also, but I had no way of getting them my list. I didn't want them to just send it to a zip code, I went out and targeted certain areas and built my list off of that. So they had no way to use my list, which is why I labeled them all and am now tring to find someone to do the postage so that I don't have to. USPS said they dont have a machine that can do that for me, which is why I am posting here to hear any recommendations other than stamping 2500 postcards myself.

6. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

Buy the stamps that come in rolls of 100 as opposed to the sheets. Make sure they are self adhesive, I knock out a roll in about 10 minutes. You will spend more time looking for someone to do this then it actually takes.

7. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yes I work for the PO. Either use rolls as Thomas said, or you could find a business in town who will let you use their metering machine and just pay the postage plus maybe a small fee.

8. scarr133

ATV, do the PO offer cheaper bulk rates for shipping? The postcards I am using are 4.25X5.5, which by their website makes postage $.24 each. Thanks.

9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get cheaper on regular postage but not postcards.

10. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

I just sent out 1k monday. We labeled them ourselves and put the postage on too. We have a system one person puts the label/postage on the card the other person moves it once it is done. You can do 40-50 per minute this way. It really does not take that long , you could have them done with the amount of time you have spent looking on here for what to do.