Postcard suggestions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Feb 2, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I made this postcard on microsoft publisher and couldnt upload here on lawnsite so i took a picture of the postcard on the computer thats y its a little dark. Let me know how to make it better, what should i add or take off. Also if you know a way to upload from publisher to here let me know. Thx all

IMG_1624.jpg

2. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

try this

Publisher 2002
    Follow these steps:

Save or back up your current publication.
    After your publication is finished, be sure to run the Design Checker. On the Tools menu, click Design Checker.
    Once the final check has been made, you are ready to save your publication as a graphic file before sending it electronically.
    An important note: You must save each page individually. Whichever page is displayed on your screen is the page that will be saved as a graphic.
    On the File menu, click Save As. In the Save As dialog box, in the Save as type box, choose one of the following graphic format options: .gif, .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .png, .drw, .pcx, .wmf, .emf, .tga, and .dxf. The most common choices would be .gif, .jpg, .bmp, and .tif. If you plan to send your publication in e-mail, you will probably want to choose .gif or .jpg, because they are likely to result in relatively smaller file sizes. Experiment with each to compare the quality and size of the completed images.
    Publisher 2000
    Follow these steps:

Save or back up your current publication.
    Once the final check has been made, you are ready to save your publication as a graphic file to send you publication electronically.
    Create Web site from current publication. On the File menu, click Create Web Site from Current Publication. You will be prompted to run Design Checker. I recommend using this option.
    Save your publication as a Web page. On the File menu, click Save As. In the Save As dialog box, in the Save as type box, select Web page.
    Open the folder where you saved your new Web page. You will find a .gif file for each object on your page. Each .gif file will start with an img*.gif (such as img0.gif or img1.gif). You can rename these files if you feel necessary.
    When you are ready to send your publication to others, start your e-mail program, compose your e-mail message, and then attach the graphic file to your message. See the hint below for a tip on how to simplify how you can merge all the images together.

http://216.109.125.130/search/cache...file+converting&d=KGwaa-xsOMgC&icp=1&.intl=us

3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

by the way, i like your logo. did you design it, or was it professionaly done?

4. ubirajara83

My Pastor designed it

5. ubirajara83

thanks for the feedback

6. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Whats on the front?

Personally - I think spending $50 - $100 with a deigner would be worth the money. I know when I switcvhed from deisnging my own stuff to having it professioanlly designed - my ROI doubled or tripled.

7. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i like it...simple and uncluttered