Postcard what do you think?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Matts lawn care, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

This is my first attempt at creating a postcard. I am going to get 5000 at gotprint.com for $129.00. Color front, black & white back. What do you think? The picture is not very good. I made it using powerpoint, the file would not upload so i took a picture of the screen.

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02222.jpg

2. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

i would convert the (%) discounts into dollars to match the same format as your mulching one ... the research ive done says that ppl will respond better to a dollar deal than a percentage off

3. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Change "may combined coupons" to "may combine coupons" it sounds better.

4. Matts lawn care

from MD

Ok thanks for the help, keep it coming.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Spend the money and have one professional designed. It will be worth the 150-200 bucks. When you cheap out on advertising, it will be the most expensive advertising you will ever do.

You really need to come up with a good headline. Using you name as a headline is no good. Your name is one of the least important things on the postcard.

A good postcard is alot more then your company name, phone #, services and a pretty picture.

6. Matts lawn care

from MD

hear is the updated backside.

DSC02224.jpg

7. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

This is sooo true!!

Please forgive me, but... its awful. If i did it it wouldn't look any better, thats why I had mine done for me. Go to www.plan-itgraphics.com get a postcard designed, then go to www.gotprint.com and buy some postcards.

There is nothing wrong with trying to save money on things, however, like "mrusk" it might end up costing you more money, when it doesn't return the results you were looking for.