Postcards....Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmc456, Mar 29, 2005.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

So who all wil swear by the results of a high quality postcard compaired to generic flyers placed in junk boxes? Yes the postcards do cost more but are they worth it?

I my area homeowners get atleast 5 if not 10 flyers a week for lawn care in the spring so how to you make your company stand out?

2. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Send Postcards. A nicely done photo quality postcard is much more professional than handing out flyers and not very expensive at all.

3. dmc456

This is what I have been finding. I get my postcards for $0.05 each and then $0.23 to mail or just place them in the junk box. My phone is ringing constantly and I land 80% of the calls. Most call and ask I this is my work and when I say yes, the next question is when can I start.

I have tried giving 2 or even 3 cuts free with a year contact in the past but never got the results I have with the postcards even with all the other flyers being sent out. I charge more and don't have to give services away to make my phone right with postcards.

4. SReaves

SReaves LawnSite Member

Where do you get your post cards for 0.05 each?

5. TJLANDS

There are many websites to get postcards cheap. I use letsprintbaby.com
    Check it out. You will have to secure a mailing list, email them and they do everything. Comes out to be between 23-28 cents per postcard including
    postage

6. TJLANDS

And these are glossy real photo postcards.

7. dmc456

I get my cards at

overnightprints.com

use code "postcardsale" when you check out to save like 50%. Order in groups of 4,000 to get the best price. The shipping is like $60-100 depending on the quantity but that is due to weight. I ordered 12,000 and it it came in 3 large boxes that were 60lbs each.

Quality is amazine. They also do free UV Gloss on both sides.

8. dmc456

post cards look like digital photos from a photo lab. They more than doubled my business in the off season. Now I have to train all my new employees.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I am doing the same thing this spring as a test run to see the results. I got my postcards from vista print, in my signature.

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Tom,

Thanks for posting your designer's email in a different thread. I used her for my new postcards and she did a great job!

BTW, I used 48hourprint.com and I'm expecting them any day.