1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

postcards or door hangers??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by radracer, Feb 21, 2007.

1. radracer

radracer LawnSite Member

I have been part time for a year and a half doing both lawn service and landscaping. Outside of the ocasionally weekly circulars I haven't done any advertising. I plan on doing the circulars for a month or so starting next month but at $100 or more a week it just does not seem feasable if it is not paying for itself. The majority of my customers have come from word of mouth but it seems that I am out of mouths. I would like to add about 45 new accounts this spring which seems very possible to me because there are many sub-divions around here with thousands of homes. Would I be better off going with doorhangers of postcards? I am planning on going door to door but I was wondering if the door hanger was worth the extra cost. Also should I go single or double sided and do you think that it is worth the extra cost to go full color or use colored papper with black ink? Any suggestions on a printshop? Sorry for the long post. And thanks in advance for all replies.

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

For me doorhangers was easier. I just didn't want to label and put postage on all the postcards. Walking door-to-door seems easier and cheaper.
  3. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I think they both work well as long as you have something eye catching on them. Vista print is giving away 100 free postcards check that out see the outcome of the 100 and if they don't work well use door hangers. See what one will save you money in the long run. http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=102057239044