PostCards...Or Door Hangers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Benz2328, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

Warm weather is just around the corner and I still didn't start advertising... What do you guys recommend... full color postcards... or full color door hangers...
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

HMMM... do both! you can never advertise too much. oh and hurry up!:hammerhead:
  3. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

Ha I wish ... Im very limited on advertising cost :-/
  4. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Use Door Hangers. I went the hard way and did flyers so sometimes the door would be locked and I would have to tape the flyer to the door it was a pain in the a**. I would do door hangers for myself next time. There is a website I saw the other day called
  5. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I say mail postcards. Way more expensive w/postage though.

Nice thing about cards is people will save a nice little 4x6 card in their drawer but might not save an awckward door hanger flyer. I had people pull out my 4x6s months later last year.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Try both, as stated by others above. Then next year you can use the method that worked most effectively this season.
  7. lawnandorderny

lawnandorderny LawnSite Member

I was in the same position and on a tight budget. I decided to go with flyers and inexpensive magnets and I put them all in a clear bag made for hanging on doors. They use them for magazines or flyers. I bought 1000 bags for like $40.00. They work great.

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

I bought door hangers this year from and am very pleased with the service, product, and effectiveness of them. The price was right too!
  9. Harshman

Harshman LawnSite Member

Marketing on a tight budget. Try this. Print your own postcards (4 per page) on a colored card stock (40-60 pound) both sides. Cardstock is 250 sheets is $8.00 at Office Depot. Cut them into 1/4s at Kinkos (2 cuts $1.25 per cut).
    Then put them on doors. You know have a mailable postcard but distribute them yourself and save the postage. This is what I do and it works great!

A 1000 postcards for the cost of paper, ink, and cutting. Not bad.

I use Publisher to create mine and would be happy to send it to you. Just send me an email.
  10. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Try Could be right up your alley. Their website is pretty thorough and informative. Good prices. Everyone usually recommends the 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 post cards if your going to go that route.

Like your slogan "Harshman"! That's a good one!