Postcards vs. flyers...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by allstar, Feb 17, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Someone mentioned postcards and I'd like to share with you something the guy at the direct mailing company told me which made alot of sense.When you advertise through direct mail you want to do whatever you can to get the customer to look at your advertisement before throwing into the trash...obviously.A postcard doesn't have to be opened like a letter, folded flyer or whatever. Also,a postcard is wider than a letter and the top of it sticks out when you have a stack of letters in your hand, so if you put something really noticeable there it gives you one more chance for the customer to see it before throwing it away.
    I've already printed up 2000 flyers and they're ready to go out but next time I'll probably use postcards.A printer can put anything on a postcard that he or she can put on a flyer.They're not as big but you can still get enough information on them to be effective,IMO.

2. American LawnScapes

American LawnScapes LawnSite Member

That is right!! I used a full size, heavier stock paper and printed 2 ads per sheet. Printed than cut them in half. It's vary nice looking no folding no envelopes.

3. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

Save $.14 per card also.

4. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I did the heavier stock 125lb paper and printed my own and put 3 on each sheet.

5. gaulk

gaulk LawnSite Member

I'm gust now wrapping up my post card campaign and i believe that this is probably one of the most successful and professional ways 2 go, and yes has many benefits win sending them out. They are expensive, resident list,print shop,service 2 label and send out, hole job will run about 1900, 4 --4000 hope it works :eek:

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

that seems pretty high . i just made my own mailing list from www.whitepages.com and got over 1000 addresses for free it only cost me $300 for the entire job just fyi

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

What about post cards vs door hangers? I think Door-hangers really get noticed because they are not mixed in with other mail. Sure you have to deliver them yourself, but you can take the money saved from mailing list and postage and pay some kids to do it for you.

8. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

www.postcardwharehouse.com

These guys make some oversized postcards if you really want to stand out. Or a doorhanger with a tear off biz card at the bottom.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used the door hanger with the tear off business card but I have seen them on this site and in other ads and I believe that they really work.The customer can tear off your card with name and # and call whenever they need something.They can put it on the fridge,purse wallet or anywhere until the need it.

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

If you mail, I think postcards look nicer and more professional than flyers.