Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Cleatus, Mar 18, 2004.

mail now or wait for better weather

1. mail now

2 vote(s)
  2. wait for better weather

0 vote(s)
  1. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

i have 100 postcards ready to go to the post office. they are aimed at picking up mowing clients. our schedules are nearly full, we are looking to tighten our routes, and replace lower paying customers with higher paying ones. about a week and a half ago, the temp around here hit 60 degrees one day. since then i have been watching the forecast, waiting for a couple of forecasted nice days in a row, maybe mid 50's to 60, to send out the postcards. well that hasn't happened yet. in fact, most days have been overcast and cold, often with showers, and the 7-day doesn't look any better, messy next few days, and daytime in the 40's with temps in 20's and low 30's overnight for monday and tuesday. should i go ahead and mail them, or wait for the better weather?
  2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

mail now. I have ran into many people who are already locked in a contract here in michigan. some have been since february. you'd be surprised as to how many people will hold on to them. they may call at the last minute, but hey....that's business.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say mail them now. It is getting too close to the end of the waiting season, and people are starting to look, even if the snow is still on the ground. They know it will be gone soon. I'd say mail them now, and then plan a follow up if you think they're not responding due to the weather.