Posted earlier about toro warrenty - now new excuse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jun 27, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Earlier this week I posted about warrenty issue with a Toro Z. Wheel motor went out. Dealer tells me today that due to bouncing on the trailer, this may have helped in weakening the wheel motor and therefore warrenty maybe void.

So therefore someone needs to mount air suspension on my trailers for a cushy ride for the Z's.

2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

What does he think that you are you jumping railroad crossing like the Duke boys? ;)

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Call toro directly this is bull.

Certain dealers dont want todeal with the fact that warranty $/hr is less than what they charge, its kind of like insurance for doctors.

If a dealer charges $80/hr for direct repairs, Toro likely pays them $35. Some of these solo dealers get bent out of shape and dont want to do warranty reparis because they dont get paid as much.

All warranty work works this way ford, chevy ,toro, scag,no diff.

Basically ifyou want to make the profit by carrying the brand you have to stand behind it.

This guy is trying to pull a fast one, contact toro directly or find another dealer andtell him what is happening

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I call BS on that one...the trailer has suspension...when the Toro is on a lawn it is a fixed suspension with only the tires to offer a bit of suspension...I would be pissed!

If anything the Toro wheels would be in for a smoother ride on the trailer.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Bouncing on the trailer broke a wheel motor... Um, sure, whatever. The ride on the trailer is probably the smoothest ride it gets all day, it's the rough lawns that beat up the machines. And next I suppose they will say you should only drive it on smooth surfaces, chuckhole lawns void the warranty.

Someone is trying to shove it to you for sure.

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I agree - give the tires a break on flat even surface of the deck of trailer but maybe I should have the ramp half way down and see if I can't jump it on the property - at least test out the suspension.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe its only covered if used to mow a putting green on a high end golf course?

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone that would make a statement like that, I could swear they were a politician. The word in legal circles is "you can expect a politician to lie, the same as you can expect a bird to fly".

I wonder if he actually thinks you are an idiot, that is certainly the way he talked to you with the statement he made. Tell him you realize you were born at night, but it sure wasn't last night.