1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Posted my Snowplowing Craigslist Ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkmbrown2001, Nov 13, 2012.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I can suggest to weed out those unwanted character listed above is, don't use Craig's list.

I still use them, but I sure get alot of lousy phone calls. Mostly from call centers and people trying to sell some-thing.

3. kirkmbrown2001

I too, receive many of those annoying telemarketer calls but I just don't answer them. I have had a lot of success with my craigslists ads. About a quarter of my good solid mowing accounts come from craigslist.

4. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Looks good, how do you make your ads?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Didn't see the part where it says all driveways 10.00!

6. kirkmbrown2001

LMAO!! :laugh:

Gman: I just used html to create it. Craigslist allows very basic, old school html in their postings. Not to hard if you have a basic concept of html.

7. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Nope don't have that lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'm in the camp that really likes CL for leads. I firmly believe that as high a quality of an ad as possible goes a long way in people pre-qualifying themselves (read: weeding out) before they call you.

As a tip to filter out the telemarketers, display your phone number and email in an image. In fact, using a large image for your entire add allows you to tailor the visual exactly as you want, without conforming to CL's minimal html allowances.

9. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

How do you make a mobile site like yours and can i get that craigslist template please?

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup. That's what I do.

A good ad, as opposed to a "classified ad" does wonders for setting yourself apart from those who can't spell. :D

If you appear to be a cheap business, you will attract the cheapskates.