Posting a MPEG on my site.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by MOW ED, Aug 21, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't messed around with my site in a while but I am curious as to posting an MPEG on the site and how do I reference it.
    I am using Frontpage.

What I have are small MPEGS from a digital camera (running time of 10 seconds to 1 minute).
    How would I put them into the site so that people can select that MPEG if they choose and open it to view.

After that is done, how would I reference this in a reply on Lawnsite?
    For example, I have a leaf bailer collecting leaves in an MPEG. I want people on Lawnsite to be able to view it if they are interested. How do I put it on my website and what would be the way I reference it in my post so people are directed to it?
    Clear as mud? Thanks for any help.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Mow Ed,

"How would I put them into the site so that people can select that MPEG if they choose and open it to view. " Review this site.

"How do I put it on my website and what would be the way I reference it in my post so people are directed to it?"

Why not use the vb code and link that file on your site directly from lawnsite?

3. DannyHatt

DannyHatt LawnSite Member

If you make a direct link such as mymovie.mpg on a site, when a user clicks it, there default media player will open up and play the movie.

If you convert the movie to an .swf file, the movie will play in the browser.