1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Posting digital pics

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by bluemoon7, Dec 5, 2003.

1. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

I am trying to post pics of some of my holiday lighting installs, but when I try to load them it tells me the pics are to big. The ones I would like to post are about 2,000,000 bytes. How can I get these onto Lawnsite? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Downsize them to around 575 pixels, should have no problem posting them........Mark's Mowing Service
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

^^ Or, a lot of the time your ISP will provide you with FTP space for creating your own homepage. You can upload the pics there, full sized, and then link to them here.

Probably the easiest way is to set your camera to take low-res pics and they will normally be within Lawnsite's file attachment constraints without any additional manipulation.
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Tell me what graphics program you have and i'll give you a step by step instruction on how to resize in your program.
  5. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

Wells, I just load them to My pictures, and view them with Windows(xp) picture and fax viewer. I don't think I can change anypart of the image with that... maybe I will have to get picture it or something similar.
  6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

If your running windows then your computer should have microsoft paint on it.

Go to start, programs, accessories, paint.

Open your photo in paint, then go to image, then attributes.
    You'll see a width and height. By lowering those numbers you will decrease the size of your picture.

If you keep the numbers somewhere around the 600 area you should be alright.