Posting Flyers by night???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 10, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

How about posting flyers onto doors or putting on door hangers in the middle of the night. Some of us work in the day or are too busy somehow to get them out in the light. Is it illegal to quitely walk up and put on a hanger or attatch a flyer to someone's door at night ( of course not opening the outer door either as this could certainly wake someone). I'm going to do this 2nite. U guys can make me feel bad for doing it in the morning or maybe Just can't sleep. Just bought my 1st commercial grade blower and used it on my yards. NICE!
  2. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

:cool2: Ok, I just got home from the bar, i think this would be legal . You might get the cops called on you for lurking around peoples houses in the midde of the night. I know of no such law of in my area, my whole family is in law enforcement and I can check. If you can't sleep, then tell the police you work third shift. ha, ha.:cool2:
  3. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks Steve! I'm heading out shortly!
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I don't think it would be against the law... but... I would be very very careful. A lot of people now have motion sensored lights that come on when someone walks up to their door or on their property. Those might alert a cranky old man with a shot gun. I don't know about you but I don't want a shotgun barrel in my face at 3 AM. I think shotgun barrels get infinitely scarier when dark! Anyway, do it if you want... but be careful.
  5. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

if it was after 9:00 pm and you came up to my house doing that my dog would raise hell.... and id most likely be asleep and id wake up pi$$ed
  6. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

I would not recommend doing this becuase if I heard someone tickering with my doorknob in the middle of the night, that persons a##hole would eat there underwear as they were standing face to face with Ol' Smith & Wesson. Just my opinion.
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No way would I do it. Back in the day when we used to walk neighborhoods putting out door hangers, I hated walking on someones porch in the DAY time. I can still remember people peering thru their curtains looking to see who was on their porch. I would never attempt this at night.
    And on the same token, if I caught someone on our deck at night, I would be mighty mad and suspicious. Their doorhanger would go in the garbage.
    Just my opinion.
  8. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

What about just leaving the door hangers on the mail box ? Wouldnt that be alot easier.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's how I used to do it so I wouldn't have to deal with anybody.
    You gotta be kinda sneaky thou, don't hide or look suspicious but do move about quietly.
    You bet, I used to put out thousands like that, some nights I'd be out as late as 2-3am lol.

But don't drink, not saying you would, but just in case something were to happen, you want to be stone cold sober so there's nothing they can do and you just play dumb and that is that. Nobody ever said a word to me, so...
  10. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

it just doesnt make sence to me to get out of the car at every house and get back in. you're brakes will be worn out be the end of the night! haha if its a neighborhood why dont u just walk? i leave my fliers in the paper tubes on the side of the mail box. some people dont have paper tubes but most do around here. the ones that dont i dont worry about bc there are plenty of people that do. just my .02