1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Posting Flyers by night???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

To be walking up onto peoples' porches in the middle of the night is just ludicrous. I can't even fathom the idea. Also, as far as the mailbox, that is a no-no, as well. No toucha da mailbox.
  2. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

I wouldn't do it. You will set off dogs, motion sesors, even if you don't act suspicious it will seem suspicious and someone will call the cops or shoot you.
  3. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful man!!:gunsfirin
  4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

He hasn't posted in awhile. Maybe he's in jail???
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Or picking rock salt out of his butt cheeks.
  6. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up waiting 'til the morning light, since it began raining just as I was about to walk out the door. I'm glad now I wasn't able to....lol Don't like the idea of disturbing people.
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

good call! good call!
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't go to someones house to hand out flyers at night because people will shoot if they see someone messing around there property Hell I know I will
  9. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

if you're too busy to hang fliers during the day does this mean you'll be mowing during the graveyard shift? :D Seriously, It is best to do this during daylight hours. I think about if it were my house and someone walked up to my door in the middle of the night then in my mind it can be for no other reason than criminal intent.
  10. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Again, I didn't end up doing it guys. I did however do hundreds of flyer insertions into the flyer/paper boxes. Hope the news people don't mind. I'm kinda scared that when the paper comes though, they will just smash my little flyer into a crumpled mess to the back of the box with that big newspaper...lol