Posting pictures

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Electra_Glide, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Electra_Glide

Electra_Glide LawnSite Member

How do I get my picture to show up "inline" in my post instead of as a link to an attached file at the bottom of the post?

Thanks...

Joe

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Joe,

I use something called postthatpic.com. It's a free service. You upload your pictures to their server and then you can post them in the forums.

Dan

3. Electra_Glide

Electra_Glide LawnSite Member

Does that mean that the only way to get them to appear inline is to already have them uploaded somewhere else, and then include them as a URL when I'm composing my message?

Otherwise, if I upload them from my computer into the message, they will always appear as an attached file?

Joe

4. Dano50

That is just the way that I have found it to work. Someone may have a better understanding of how it all works, and if they do I'd be happy to learn it as well.

5. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

The pictures you've already attached show up as a list in your message when you add more than one. To make them visible, do the following:

When you are in that small attachment window attaching the pictures, click the attachment you uploaded, and it will open in a new window. Copy that URL in the new window, and go back to your message window. Click the "insert image" button in your message (looks like this: [​IMG] ), and insert that URL. Go back to the small attachment window, click the second attachment, and do the same.

by inserting these links:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65484&d=1159838580
    http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65485&d=1159838598

you get:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dano50

You learn something new everyday.
    Thanks! I'll remember that one. It will make my life easier.

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

test picture......

bear.jpg