Posting prices on your Website?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newguy123, Nov 1, 2012.

1. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been trying to think about Lawn Care websites from the customers perspective...not sure if this is helpful. But, what are some thoughts about posting prices on a website? Maybe breaking down prices for up to x amount of square feet, etc.?

Please let me know if this is a bad idea or a good business plan.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I don't have any problem with it. Just make them accurate and clear.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely no.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. newguy123

Why wouldn't you post them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

most every account is a lil different, I price each one differently. Just too many varibles to have a set price structure. Maybe a "Prices starting at" with your minimum in there.

6. newguy123

In my city most lawns are very similar...very little variables and almost no fences. Would this info. change your opinion?

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

No prices. Yards maybe similar, but ALL LAWNS ARE DIFFERENT!! People just see a price. They dont read the fine print! If you say starting at $19.95 they are going to argue with you about how it says that price on your site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cpllawncare

I just don't like to lock myself into a price structure! I have two house's across from each other, almost identical, but one lady wants her lawn pushed every week, the other doesn't have that requirement, which one do you think gets charged more?

9. newguy123

Yeah I see your point here. The majority of my customers I don't even bother going to their house for the bid. I'll email or call them and 8 out of 10 it's the same price. I ask very descriptive questions which gives me a great idea of the property. Since I'm not going to the property to bid it, I'm wondering if taking the next step (in prices on website) will help convert customers? Maybe I'm asking the wrong question...

10. cpllawncare

I learned early on, NEVER! I mean NEVER give a quote without seeing it first, customers can tell you anything! then when you show up for that $50 dollar a week cut and it turns out to be a 60 or 70 dollar a week cut your screwed.