Posting signs after mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision Lawns, May 24, 2008.

1. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody post a sign, say by the mailbox every week after they cut? I'm trying to think of ways to target my company's growth. This seems like it would push advertising in the subdivisions I'm already in primarily. I'm interested to see if anyone does it an how successful it is (if it's even calculable). I will use them when doing larger one time type jobs. Just curious. Thanks
  2. Precision Lawns

3. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

ive personally really started thinking about doing that but the sign printing cost is pretty high around here so im not sure if i want to take that hit or not.. about what size sign are you thinking about?
  4. Precision Lawns

5X5 or 6X6. Just lawns flags. The type used by applicators.
  5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ive thought about doing the same thing. I know a lot of the big businesses do it, for example in my area, Earl's Plumbing is a very big business and everytime they do a job they have a yard sign out. You know, the size of the election types with the reg metal frame that you stomp into the ground. But like mentioned, they are expensive to get done, you just have to shop around on the internet and get you the best deal, a good site its
  6. Precision Lawns

I'm mostly thinking about little lawn flags, 5"x5". I would use larger ones when landscaping and larger jobs. I'm thinking about using these little flags for mowing. So when someone drives by and sees a nice lawn, they know who did it.
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

also tells your competition which house to stop at and lowball! lOL
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I got 100 signs made for $300 bucks...

I post them where I want more biz.
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Percision, I like your Idea, but I don't think the little 5" X 5" flags will help get you noticed. I agree that the ones with the big metal frame are some $$$, but what about the ones with the thin wire frame? I know a few people have posted theirs here at one time or another. Look into the ones like I mentioned with the wire frame, I'm thinking of doing the same as I just picked up a customer on a decently traveled road.

Good luck!
  10. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, they will probably think you are fertilizing and anyways, I can't see any customers being too happy about having a sign on their lawn for any length of time.

I do like having big/Huge decals on my truck.