Posting Signs

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by brianlooft, Apr 2, 2008.

1. brianlooft

brianlooft LawnSite Member

Are any of you guys using posting signs for exempt/unregulated products. CGM, straight fert, tea, etc.
    I ordered some for my applications to promote organics, healthy lawn etc and wondered if anyone else was doing this or needed to.

Attached Files:

• post.pdf
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Dotens

Dotens Banned

Very nice sign. I like the idea.

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Brian
    I love it, nicely done
    Is there normally a phone number on there and you have blacked it out?

4. brianlooft

Thanks.
    Yes I have my number at the bottom. I dont know why I blacked it out but it seems to be the norm when showing your marketing material on Lawnsite.

You can check out what I do at www.envirocuts.com

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool sign, and good business idea. You've got yourself a nice niche with the propane mowers!

Off topic: How are your results with the weed control? Sounds like the Green Guardian product.

6. brianlooft

Well....
    This is my first year, so I dont have any results to speak of yet.
    But yes, it is the Green Guardian.
    I knew weed control could possibly be the weak point in an organic program initially. So I read up on the product, and I am making it available if people are unhappy with CGM results.
    Do you guys have any other secret weapons besides mow high, overseed, etc..

7. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

8. ICT Bill

Brian
    I really like your website, very clean and professional

You present yourself very well

The safelawn.org guys are great too, Shep Ogden, their previous director, came to work for us a month or so ago.

I'll have to get you some kickbutt compost tea so that you can post those services on there too

There is a company out of Nevada that has fleets of battery powered lawn mowers, the trailer that they are kept in has solar panels on the top of it so that the lawn mowers charge when parked in their stalls

9. brianlooft

I originally wanted to offer compost tea from the get-go. But I had(have) a very tight budget and couldn't see affording a spray rig this year. And I was not confident in having enough knowledge to do it properly.
    But I have to admit that your product(123 Compost Tea) would certainly simplify things! (Bill)
    Already I can see that there is far more interest (& money) in the organic/natural lawn applications over low-emission mowing. But its early and I think it has potential.
    Thanks again for the positive response from everyone. It seems on other areas of Lawnsite people are just waiting to jump all over you!

10. ICT Bill

Mr barefoot James uses an electric 4 gallon backpack sprayer. He says on bigger areas it is a pain to keep filling it. Hudson I believe

We have a lot of 275 Gallon IBC's that we have to pay to get rid of, we'll have another 16 empties next week. You could put that on the back of a truck all you would need is a hose reel and pump (propane of course)

Come get 'em for free, some of them smell like fish others like kelp some like molasses so you will have to clean them out