Potential Natural Swimming Pool Client

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by tadpole, Jul 28, 2010.

1. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I received an inquiry through my website for a Natural Swimming Pool install in the Miami, Fl area.

My service area is, unfortunately, not that large. Is there anyone on this Forum from the Miami area or knows a contractor in Miami that might be interested in exploring this lead? PM the contact info to me and I will forward it to the prospective customer.

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, the way things are up here I'll fly down for a short spell to help you build it.

3. tadpole

Thanks for the offer, Keith. Like you, I wouldn't be missing much if I did go to Miami for the install. Even though the Lead asked if I would travel, I don't think that they would appreciate the extra cost involved. I did a search and could not find any true pond installers in the Miami area, that's why I made this post.

4. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

Wow...I would have thought there'd be lots of pond installers in the Miami Area.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

being that Miami has water on three sides and if you dig 1-2 feet you hit water.. any home owner can "install a natural pool.." :) besides, any natural pool will attract critters like snakes and gators... FWIW as cheap as air fares are...if the guys is willing to fly you down...to consult, why the heck not... you could bid the job taking in account hotel stays, and vehicle transport cost from Pensacola, or rental cost.. Heck you could even be the GC and sub it all out and supervise... and have your family down for a vacation...

6. tadpole

Ah!! If things were only that simple.

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! Me consult Tadpole? I thought I knew some stuff until I met Tadploe. Da boy knows his chit!:) Oh wait I read that wrong, my mistake.

8. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

9. tadpole

Poolboy-

Thanks for the link. A Swimming Pool contractor can not handle this install in the State of Florida. This has to be installed under the guise of being a Pond to avoid conflict with State and Local Codes. A Swimming Pool contractor could risk losing his license. There are not many states that will approve the installation of a Natural Swimming Pool. They are common in Europe and Great Britain and have been for over 30 years. Go figure.