Potential new customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnut101, May 7, 2008.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

So, what do you do if you have a potential customer walk up and ask for an estimate while your mowing, and you talk to your customer and she says that they are hard to deal with and a nutcase? I really don't know what to do here. Any suggestions?

2. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

uhhmm,

give them a bid, do the work, if you get paid, great! If you dont and they are a nutcase, all you lost was your time.

IMO you NEVER know what client will lead you to another client that could end uup being a "whale" of an account.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

You can say that again, my buddy has a customer who is just a complete pita... but she has gotten him atleast 5 more customers if not more.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

talk, talk, talk, talk, then talk some more to the potential client. normally you can judge them through normal conversation about the desired work. put down the proposal on paper w/ EVERYTHING in writing w/ specific terminology.

still dealing w/ a nutcase that i didnt do this on....

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I told her about what my costs were for what she wanted, and she said that sounds good. So, I'm going to call her I guess and see what she says. Thanks for the help.