Poulan chain saw

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by perky99, Aug 24, 2006.

1. perky99

perky99 LawnSite Member

S-25 poulan saw. Runs some times for a while. I have done everything I know to do. Flushed tank, new fuel, plug and rebuilt carb. Think there,s ample spark. Wonder if plastic fuel line could collapse and deny fuel to carb. Thanks

2. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Check the fuel lines for cracks and deterioration. If found then replace all the fuel lines, primer bulb and clean screen inside carb, particles may have lodged there which reduce fuel flow. If diaphragms are stiff then take the time to R&R them. Reassemble and go back to wood cuttin'.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Replace the fuel filter that is inside the tank.

4. mike green

mike green LawnSite Member

check the vent in the gas cap do a leak down check when it dies does it still have spark coil could be weak good luck

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I'm not familiar with Poulan but I have found a couple of chain saws with a wood particle holding the reed valve open in the intake just inside the carb. Just something you may want to check. If you have a feed valve and it is the least bit open the fuel mxture will not get forced up into the cylinder.

Dutch

6. perky99

perky99 LawnSite Member

I have blown through it with compressed air. Thanks

7. perky99

perky99 LawnSite Member

Mike, This is a dumb question. Whats a leak down check? thanks

8. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Last year i could'nt get my Mc to fire tore everything i could think of,turns out a film of wood particles on the flywheel magnet was nicely stuck arount entire wheel & blocked any sparking capabilties,took awhile for me to discover that one.

9. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

10. Metalmacguyver

Metalmacguyver LawnSite Member

i had an issue with a bad gas cap that would not vent and created a vaccum in the gas tank. maybe that.