Poulan Curved Shaft Trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Butch1957, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Butch1957

Butch1957 LawnSite Member

When assembling a Poulan trimmer, the connecting rod has a high side and a low side where it connects to the crankshaft. Does the high side of where it slides on the crankshaft face the flywheel or does it face the muffler side ?

Please respond.

Thanks.

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Step 1: put in garbage.
    Step 2: buy new junk trimmer.

3. Butch1957

Butch1957 LawnSite Member

Thanks Pugs. You Know Best what is the solution but you have no input to the question.

Thanks for trying !

4. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Let me get this straight, somehow you had the time to figure out how to get a 2-cycle crankshaft to seperate and you have the connecting rod in your hot little hand? The connecting rod from the crankshaft to the piston wrist pin? I'm still confused about a high/low side to the rod, it can go one way or 180 degrees the other, but how did you manage to get the crank apart to get the rod off, and better yet are you going to be able to get the crank back together so it's balanced,the crank throw/weight is very important to maintaining balance/anti-vibe, etc. P.S. Pugs, that was great!!!! L.O.L.s

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

This is a half crank engine I would assume being that brand so you would not have to split the crank apart or do much to get the rod off.

Might just be a snap ring or something that holds the rod on...not sure. Never had a reason to go inside of a trimmer engine.