Poulan Pro Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, Oct 10, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

I saw a Poulan Pro backpack blower at the dealer yesterday, and the specs claim that it produces 203 mph with a Kaw. engine. Is it worth looking at, I now it's a poulan not a Red Max.

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, but how much CFM?

3. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

I think 490cfm.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't waste your money on that Poulan. I would spend the extra money for a Redmax EB 7001 or an Echo PB 750. You can never have too much power in a backpack!!!

5. K&J lawn

K&J lawn LawnSite Member
    from Here

I use one every day, it works just has good as those exspensive ones. worth the money.

6. K&J lawn

K&J lawn LawnSite Member
    from Here

I use a poulan back pack every day, have had no problems,plenty of power also. I really don't think I wasted my money, just saved a few dollars.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here are the stats I found on that blower.

# Backpack Gas Blower
    # 40.2 CC High Output Engine With 200 MPH & 400 CFM Results
    # Variable Speed Trigger Throttle Allows For Precise Speed Control
    # Anti-Vibration Handle Reduces Operator Fatique
    # 2 Year Limited Warranty

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have two of them. Got mine new on ebay for $200 & $225 each with shipping included.
    I know some guys knock them, but for the money, I have NO complaints.
    Soon I will bite the bullet and buy the big Redmax, but only because of fall leaves. BUT, for the 90% of the season where I'm only blowing grass, the Poulan Pro's have worked great.

My figuring was this, for the same price of ONE of the big boys, I now have TWO blowers that get the job done. So on the occasion that I have a helper, we each have a blower. Or one as a back up if I ever have a problem (which I haven't had yet, and they are going on 3rd season, albeit part time seasons).

They are a big step up from my handheld Shin (same price by the way), but obviously not quite a Redmax EB7001. So if your budget is in the $200-250 range, I'd say go for the Poulan Pro for now.

I will be selling one soon and putting that money towards a Redmax. And I'll still have a Poulan for my helper or as a back up.

It's like graduating up. But doing it as money allows, rather then spend more then I can really afford at the time, or blowing my whole nut at one time on one tool.

Good luck.