Poulan Pro Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MV Property Care, Nov 11, 2005.

1. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

I saw a Poulan Pro Blower Vac BVM 200 for $119 marked down from $139. I did some searching and their is about 15 reviews on eponions.com. Three people were satisfied and the rest detailed some very real problems. So I will not buy it. I was confused why this poulan had a maxium air speed of 200 mph with a 25cc engine, while the Echo 260 has a maxium speed of 156 mph with a 25.8 cc engine. I would think the air speed would be about the same or at least not a 44mph difference. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. MV

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

In NC those blower/vacs are as low as $99.00 and let me tell you, you get about $9 dollars out of the. I have gone through two of them and they both lasted me less than three weeks. After a while they just won't start anymore. It puts out a lot of air, but not if it won't start.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Trust me... if you want the best little handheld blower, go pick up a Stihl 85 blower.
    They are quality units and blow as hard as a small backpack.
    Plus they don't cost much more than the junker's.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

its prob the size of the airbox . just a thought .

5. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

This has been my experience too. Fork over the extra cash and get something that will perform far better and last much longer.

6. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

The difference lies in the volume of the air put out. The Poulan may "blow" @ 200mph, but it may only deliver half or less of the volume that the Echo delivers. In the end, the higher volume will produce better.

7. BayouLawnCare

BayouLawnCare LawnSite Member

i bought a handheld 200 echo blower two years ago and still going strong ,,,it start the first crank every time ...

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

echo pb210e =best

9. FerrisDJB

FerrisDJB LawnSite Member

Poulan Pro/Crapsman...both the same...same piece of ship that won't last but one maybe two seasons. Spend alittle more get alot more for your money!! Stihl or Echo..both QUALITY products