Poulan Pro Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MV Property Care, Nov 11, 2005.

1. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a Poulan Pro Blower Vac BVM 200 for $119 marked down from $139. I did some searching and their is about 15 reviews on eponions.com. Three people were satisfied and the rest detailed some very real problems. So I will not buy it. I was confused why this poulan had a maxium air speed of 200 mph with a 25cc engine, while the Echo 260 has a maxium speed of 156 mph with a 25.8 cc engine. I would think the air speed would be about the same or at least not a 44mph difference. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. MV

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Its because of the fan housing designs, and possibly the engine speed differences too. IMO, poulan power tools are junk, most dont have a very long lifespan, though there ARE exceptions to this rule. Also, the poulans, even if labeled as poulan pro models, are still consumer machines, not professional quality units.

3. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

Thank You Lawn Master. I also read that Poulan makes Craftsman. Not surprised.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I agree as well. Not a great product. I personally have used their chainsaws before. They can work for the casual homeowner, but other than that, not a great line of products.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Volume volume volume. Still think it's all about the volume, not the speed.

As for the Poulan/PoulanPro thing, I believe the Poulan branded equipment has an EPA rating of 50 hours of use, while the PoulanPro is rated at 115 or 150, something like that. So,while it is still not truely "Pro" it is still better than a non "Pro".