Poulan Pro BP air filters??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jul 26, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This is to anyone that uses Poulan Pro BP400 backpack blowers.

I'm looking for a source for air filters. None of the mail order catalogs list Poulan Pro stuff.

But since it's a Kawi engine, and I know some other blowers use kawi engines, I'm wondering if there might be another blower out there that uses the same exact engine and air filter?

Any info is appreciated.

Jon
    lawndawgz@yahoo.com

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Update:

Ok, I knew that LandScaperSupply.com sells a blower that is very similar to the Poulan Pro. It uses the same Kawi engine.

And I found out that I CAN use that same air filter.

BUUUT, they want $10.99 for a single air filter!! That seems insane.

Other BP blower air filters are like $2-3.

Anyone have any other sources? Thanks.

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I had no idea Poulon made a commerical machine, those things are cheap

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Your usual helpful self again.:rolleyes:

Sorry gogetter, for some reason I'm compelled to reply to this string of irritating responses. I have no valuable information for you on this subject. Good Luck.

5. chevyman1

Mark, time to relax....I meant that Poulan in the ol' Walmart are like $50, and I didn't know they made anything else. This forum is for learning, not yelling and making fun of people

6. GreenMonster

from NH

Yeah, well it seems that the majority of your replies are typically worthless, and usually critical of whatever piece of equipment someone else is running or considering. Of course there are also the ones where you are looking for support of your questionable business practices.

Yes, this forum is great tool for learning. I've learned all I need to know about you.

7. chevyman1

Mark, 90% of the equipment people have on here is awesome stuff. I'm very brand loyal, but not ignorant to think that my stuff is always the best. It works great for me, that's all. I hope you don't treat your customers like this. The only worthless posts are you and I bickering, let's talk business

8. GreenMonster

from NH

whatever.

I guess you just come across that way.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

chevy, I wouldn't use any of the regular Poulan stuff myself. But I am surprisingly happy with my Poulan Pro backpacks (I have 2).

For the money, you really can't beat them. I repeat, "for the money".

No, I'm not going to compare them to a Redmax7001, but they are also only half the price.

These cost about the same as a quality commercial handheld blower, but are way more powerful then any handhelds.

Got mine on ebay, brand new for about $225 each, shipped to my door.

One is about 3 years old, the other is 2 y/o. And still running strong.

I also use a Poulan Pro chainsaw. So far, so good. But I don't do a lot of chainsaw stuff. So it's just fine for me.

P.S. Greenmonster, I hear where your coming from. Chevy has that effect on me too sometimes.

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Our church has a Poulan Pro BP. It's not a bad machine at all.. Hate to say it, but it has about as much power as my lame Stihl br420!!! And It probably cost 1/2 as much!!! BTW you can buy Kawi powered blowers.. at your neighborhood Lowe's. The Husky BP's are relabeled Kawi's... prolly should have saved myself @ $200... and lots of ripcord pullin'......