Poulan Pro bp blower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jun 14, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've used the search function to look for info on Poulan Pro chainsaws and seems that most posts on them were fairly positive.
    I kinda got the vibe that their "PRO" line is decent stuff.

So what about their backpack blowers? The bp blower had a high mph rating (like 240mph or something close to that I think?). And the price is quite affordable at one of the sources I've found.

The lawns I currently have are rather small and wouldn't really justify getting an expensive brand that wouldn't see a ton of use.
    Anyone have experience with them? Thanks!

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just checked. It's 200mph, not 240 (confused it with something else).
    And 400cfm. Gonna sound stupid, but I'm not even sure what "cfm" stands for.
    I can get one of these for $240. Not much more then I paid for my Shindaiwa handheld.
    If it holds up like I've heard the Poulan "Pro" chainsaws do, then it seems like a good deal.

3. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute

I was actually looking at that same blower last night at Lowes. They advertize it for $299.00 and it DOES say 400cfm. at 200 mph. I only have two echoes that are handhelds. Anybody know anything about this particular model?

Scott

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i know there hand held will do a gutter real good.
    didnt even know they had a back pack. by the way the hand held does 200 also. runs good no real problems but she will sometimes try to vapor lock on real hot days.no problem though.if you are going back pack,ide check the echo line also.no better, but ive seen some that sure run good.

5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

i dont own one but you can get one at lowes. I heard they are great, when we talked to the redmax rep and told him we didnt wanna pay 400 for a bp blower he said that the poulan was great so i would go for it. We havent got one yet the homelite is still holding up. The homelite bpacker is great its on its second year and i dont know if there are any in your area but a store called biglots a closeout store had them for $100 last week.

6. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

I have bought one. Very pleased with it. has a Kawasaki engine.

7. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

I also have one works very well for the past year no problems rate from 1 to 10 this model is a 8....

8. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

I had to say something about the homelite well great. Its only gonna last a couple more days and its running like sh!t. I guess ill be going to lowes to pick a poulan up.