powder coat paint

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnstripe, Mar 1, 2004.

1. lawnstripe

lawnstripe LawnSite Member

Hi PJ . is the powder coat paint finish available yet? Also has the blade tip speed on the swb been increased? Why is the blade tip speed on the 60" super z less than the 52"?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have been painting with the new system for about a month and a half now, and it is great.
    Depending on dealer stock, distributor stock and model, will determine what the time frame is on you seeing the powder coat paint finish in person on the units on your dealers lot or showroom.
    I need to check with engineering on the BTS questions, I have not asked recently, I do know they were working on increasing the BTS on almost all our product.
    I will find out and post when I get a answer.

Pj

3. lawnstripe

lawnstripe LawnSite Member

Hi PJ, Just wondering if you have any answers to the qustion's I asked a week ago? thanks

4. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

How do you physically determine if a unit has the powder coat paint?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The paint quality is a touch better than our old system.
    But the best way to determine it would be by serial #.
    E-mail me your serial # and I can look into it for you.

Pj

6. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

Actually, I have not taken ownership of the unit yet. I just bought it last night at the Farm and Garden show in Tulsa, Ok. I purchased it from C & D sales of Claremore, OK.

Can you tell me after what serial numbers are the FasTrak units powder coated i.e. is there a way I can personally identify powder coat units by serial number? The vendor was going to have to re-order from the factory because he sold his 10 units he had on hand. I am getting a couple options on the unit that I am waiting on also. I told the vendor I was willing to wait a couple of weeks if I could get a powder coat unit. I would like to be able to verify that myself if possible.

-Thanks

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would need you to have your dealer contact there distributor and get the serial #'s they plan on shipping to your dealer, then I can check with production and tell you if it is a powder coat paint finish.
    Your dealer needs to verify this.
    The distributor may have several of the non powder coat finish models in stock.

Pj

8. 1st Class Lawns

1st Class Lawns LawnSite Member

I am a manufacturing engineer at my full time job and we powder paint 95% of our parts. I have been directly involved with powder and wet paint since powder paint was introduced.

Here is how the average person can tell the difference.

Take a paper clip and straighten out one leg of the clip.
    Very lightly move the end of the paper clip over the paint. If its powder the paper clip will "glide" over the paint. If its wet paint the paper clip will bite into and scratch the paint.

Anyone that says you can't determine the difference by doing this has not got a clue.

James
    1st Class Lawn Service.

9. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

Thanks for that information. I will remember that as test when I get my unit.