Power bagger for walk behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, Jul 1, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I am thinkin of buying a wb from exmark or toro (only dealers that sell em around here), and I dont much like the 4 bushel side bags. I was looking around, and I found out that track vac makes an 8 bushel powered bagger for wbs. Its on the top of the 3rd page of this. Anyone have any experience with this bagger? Also, any other suggestions?

2. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

You basically describe a need for a walker or a navigator..... That trac vac is very expensive and looks kinda dumb...... Why are you bent on a walkbehind?

3. doubleedge

from ND

I tested out a navigator in the spring for a dethatching job, but I was annoyed about the tire mark in the middle and it was hard to clean up after dumping. The dealer is trying to get rid of it, he got it in 2006 and cant sell it :laugh:. I think he is asking 7500 for it (42"/20hp).

4. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that's a good price. Does xmark make the split tail wheel like walker does? that would fix the stripe....

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Go buy a walker and get the hopper insert bins. Problem sloved. Walkbehind vacs are a complete was of space and makes the machines very tippy.

6. doubleedge

from ND

Are there any hopper insert bins made for the navigator?

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Nope. Walker has a patton on them. Trust me, the walker will out last the navigator. Every attempt at making a walker copy has failed. Bunton, bobcat, toro, scag and exmark (first attemp years ago) all make copys. All have fail. Nothing is like a real walker.

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Walker has the best cut, imo.