Power Broom- what are they used for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering other that for concrete what are the uses for a power broom attatchment on your split boom?

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Works awsome for cleaning gravel and sand off of the lawn. I use mine for clean-ups has a bunch of uses. Works ok for getting thatch up and leaves that are packed down for the winter.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Couple of years ago, I saw a some guys using them to clean up the nails they dropped on a parking lot from a roofing job they were doing.

Another place they're good for is getting the grit out of the grass left behind by road departments when they are sanding the streets during/after a snow storm.

I even used mine once to help get the water out of my indoor/outdoor basement carpeting when the sump pump took a dive on me.

They have all kinds of uses. I prefer the paddle-type (easier on the turf) over the broom though.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

All the previously mentioned plus I like the broom for cleaning up high visibility areas on customers lawns, especially under the old Oak Trees where twigs and Acorns fall, makes quick work of that job either pushing or pulling the row (I prefer pulling as it is easier on me and the turf).
    BobR

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They work well for gathering fruit (rotten or not), too. Nothing beats it for that, either.