1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Power Brooms?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. I was wondering how effective power brooms were at blowing grass off of wet pavement. We all try to avoid getting any clippings on wet pavement, but when some does need to be cleaned off. How do the brooms work? I'm thinking about buying one this year, and wanted to know.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I've got one and don't use it much. Its great for spring time clean-ups. I think you'd be better off with a good back-pack blower, Wet grass is a pain, I haven't found an easy way around it.
  3. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

May want to try a "wet floor broom". Not sure what it's called. You can get them in HD in the broom section. It's like a giant window squeegee for the floor.

I've been thinking of carrying one on the trucks for wet driveways. May work good for this and there wide so it won't take long.
  4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Best applications are for Spring Cleanup, a small Thatching jobs, leveling out the ridges of dirt / sand left from plowing / sanding operations, will work for grass on a wet driveway BUT if you don't have all day a BP 650 will make short work of it.
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree, my PB 650 made my PB 400E's look like homeowner units. Very powerful. If you start it and don't hang on it will spin itself around in circles.
  6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll stick with the 7001 BP blower

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

BP is the way to go.