Power Chute installation pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Member "Greenred" was uncomfortable about installing the power chute on the Turf Tiger. I threw this on my new Tiger that I bought a few months back and did a quick unprofessional job because I was in a hurry. But these pictures may help some that are considering the Power Chute. This is an old Power Chute that I took off my old Scag because I can't live with out it or one like it. First let me say it has 3 wires and that the black wire is not used. Red is hot, blue is ground. Two bolts (circled green) hold it on, two wires (shown with green arrows) plug into the motor. I temporarily zip tied it to the floor plate and it works so well with zip ties I see no need to put screws in. It's raining and I went out and took these pics quickly on the carport with a flash light and camera so sorry if the quality isn't that great. I need to adjust the routing of the wires slightly as you can see but it has given me no problem. Hope this helps. I was supposed to install a fuse over a year ago, oh well!

1 005.jpg

1 006.jpg

1 007.jpg

1 011.jpg

1 012.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Thank you very much Tacoma. Appreciate all your help. :waving:

3. marcuslawnguy

marcuslawnguy LawnSite Member

do you have any pics showing a side view with the plate down? I am wondering how well it fits covering the discharge opening. I look at the website but the pics are taken far away.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a decent enough installation to me. I would get that fuse on there quick. You know better!

5. tacoma200

Yes, that's all we need is another " My Scag burnt to the ground" post.:waving:

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great Tacoma! I absolutely LOVE my powerchute.

7. tacoma200

The plate is beat up a bit after some heavy use (came off older mower) but I went out and got you a picture. I got caught in the rain again. It is bent from various things such as having it down while trimming up against asphalt. There are some members that bend the back side around to cover the curve in the Velocity decks chute. I have had no problems with this unit what so ever. I would not recommend it for mulching because Power Chute Design does not recommend it for that application. Sorry, I keep taking pictures in the dark, or rain, with grass piled on it but that's the way it is here. Rains about every day and you have to cut any way. I am very easy on my mowers but this chute take a beating because I tend to trim with both sides sometimes. It looked a lot better a year ago and they come in black or unpainted for the Scag. You can buy the Scag orange paint.

a1.jpg

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I like the blower affect it has when lowered 2/3 to 3/4 down.

10. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks ALC-Greg

Can you guys tell me what you wire on your Scags you used to provide power to your chutes.