1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Power Chute

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by nmez21, Nov 4, 2007.

1. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking into buying an OCDC. From what I understand a Power Chute (http://www.powerchutedesign.com/catalog/c9_p1.html) is run off of the mower's battery. My question for you is, could a system like this be utilized on an 06' Super Z, despite little available ampage? thanks for your time,
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I cant really comment since this is not a Hustler item or a item we have tested.
    We have no way of knowing what the amp draw is on this item installed on our mowers.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Mine has been working fine all season.

I don't believe it draws all that much to begin with, but your only using it for less than a second at a time anyway.
  4. Jackson03

Jackson03 LawnSite Member

We have install power chutes on every Hustler size and have had no problems. We had a Super Z in the showroom with a power chute and it was sitting there for 3 months, it started right up. For those 3 months every kid with in 50 mile came in and played with the power chute.
  5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you both!
  6. The Lawn Patrol

The Lawn Patrol LawnSite Member

Anybody using an OCDC with a catcher, specifically an Accelerator, on an 07 60" Super Z?

What about a power chute, is there clearance?

7. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I've got one (love it) on my John Deere QuikTrak stander, but I have to take it off when I when I want to use the grass catcher. It's a pain. I'm looking for a chute blocker that is compatible with an accelerator grass catcher on a Bobcat walk behind mower.