Power chute

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cfrymow, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Has any one used the power chute? Seen it at a show and liked it but is it worth the $279.00? If you have not seen it check it out.
    http://PowerChuteDesign.com

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have one.

Love it.

Works great.

There is a tiny little room for improvement, but all in all it's the best option out there currently.

3. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

Someone on here told me about them the other day. Thinking of getting one myself just waiting to see if I get a new mower first before ordering because I now have a 60 inch deck and thinking of going to 72. Looking at the pics on the website to me it just looks like a window regulator motor out of a car as the motor with a 2 way switch. Maybe someone who owns one could post if it is or not. I also think the motor has a lifetime warranty.

4. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just curious why each of the brand has different number of 'openings' and also the various reasons for the differences....??? :confused:

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

we bought an advanced chute systems ocdc for around 200 something, it was great, helped out a ton by keeping stuff out of lava rock (ugh....) we bought it before i saw the power chute, and i would of gotten that instead.

6. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I have a power chute on my jd 757 and it is great. I used it all fall on leaves and it did a really good job at mulching them up, not to mention that during the season it saves a ton of clean up time. It is definitely worth the money in my opinion. I am pretty sure that it is a window regulator motor than opens and closes the discharge chute. You could probably make one yourself, but quite frankly for the price why waste the time. Hope this helps!

7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2 of them they both stopped working after a month

8. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

I thought they have a lifetime warranty? Did they not warranty yours? I copied this from their website.

Every Power Chute is hand made for strengthen and durability. They are not built for looks, but to work day in and day out without failure. We back every chute with a lifetime warranty against failure due to workmanship for as long as you own your Power Chute. Every original motor is also warrantied for life from failure during normal use.

9. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have one on my Lazer and love it. I dont think you will be sorry if you buy one.

10. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I think I will order one in the morrning.
    Really I have been thinking about one since last year.

Wayne