Power Drills

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Expert Lawns, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I am looking to purchase a used power drill. What are the best brand and the best places to look. I think I'm going to look through ebay. What are some key words to use,,,,,,,,like the brand, size, power, life of battery, etc? Thanks

2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

When it comes to power drills I would buy dewalt drills. I love both of mine and they have been used alot. I wouldn't buy used though you should be able to get a good 1/2 inch drive for around 125$ and maybe cheaper on a good sale.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i use nothing but skil and have never had a problem, from concrete to 3/8" steel, if you are using it a lot go for a bosch, you pay more but it will outlive you !!!!:)

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just bought a Bosch Bulldog hammer drill for $65.00 at a pawn shop. In good condition and about 20% the cost of a new one....

Derek

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I know skil is a good brand. I'll look into Bosch as well.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Milwakee , The red one.. I would check a place like woodworkers warehouse they have too many good sales were you can really get a good deal on new stuff... They have a site.. There are a few places like that , even amazon .com too...

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

DeWalt or makita

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Bought my first Dewalt 14.4 volt drill at a pawnshop for $100.00. It came with extended run batterys and charger. I was so impressed with it that a couple of years later I purchased an entire Dewalt 18 volt kit that included a Hammer-drill, reciprocating saw. circular saw and flashlight. All of these tools have come in handy many times. One big factor in going with Dewalt is that there is a factory service center in my area. I would not be a bit afraid of purchasing milwaukee, porter-cable, or makita. I liked Makita because they use nickle metal hydride batterys that dont develope a " memory ".

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

The Dewalt service center we have here sells the repaired items that people don't come back for.......great deals........

Derek