Power Edger Question

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Jess, May 1, 2005.

1. Jess

Jess LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner that visits your forum fairly frequently.

I did a search on stick and power edgers and nothing came up but anyway, I have hundreds of feet of flower beds to edge and I was thinking what would be the best way to edge them? I was thinking about taking a spade and making a line but, it seems like it would be way too much work. I am wondering if using a stick edger would be effective. I do not have to edge sidewalks or curbs just flower beds and full circles around my trees.

I have been using a string trimmer but, the lines do not come as clean as I like.

Also, if you recommend going this route who sells the best edger?

You opinions would greatly be appreciated.

Jess

2. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

go rent a bed edger.

3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No question about it. Rent a bed adger. This is BY FAR the best way to go for what you need.

5. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Definitely rent a bed edger. Take some string and attach it to a stick at one end and tie it to another stick at the far end making your straight line. I always use marking paint and go along the line and put a dot every five feet or so so ill be able to bring the edger along in a straight line. Once i pull the edger down the bed i take my edging shovel and just clean up the edge where ever it needs it. Makes the beds look perfect and it wont take you five hours like it would without the machine.......

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im with the other guys, rent a bed edger and then maybe use the string trimmer to maintain it. If not a string trimmer then I recommend a stihl edger fs 85 with edger attactment if you can find it. Reason I like the stihl is they use a drive shaft instead of a cable, just my prefrence not to say others brand are not as good or better just my prefrence