POWER EDGING???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcjrfl, May 6, 2000.

1. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

i HAVE BEEN ASKED BY A CONDO COMPLEX TO RE-EDGE THEIR WHOLE PROPERTY (REDEFINE THE EDGING) THEIR LAWN CONTRACTOR HAD BEEN DOING IT WITH A STICK EDGER AND A STRING TRIMER BUT HAS NOT REDEFINED IT IN YEARS SO THE LINES ARE CROOKED IT LOOKS BAD. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON HOW I SHOULD HANDLE THIS (APPROX 4500 FEET OF EDGING) SHOULD I USE A WHEEL EDGER, CAN I MAKE DO WITH A STICK EDGER AND A SHOVEL??? I SERIOUSLY NEED YOUR ADVICE

2. Rent a trench master bed edger for a day.

3. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

thanks for the advice mr. stone have you ever used one and are they any good

4. Sorry I don't have any personal expierence<br>but this is the proper tool for high production bed edging.<p>You might have to do some hunting to find one to rent in your local area.

5. pete

pete LawnSite Member

If youve ever edged beds by hand youll know what a bear it is. I have a great deal of time behind bed edgers they make it fun to edge. make sure you put the front wheels in the higest postition this inturn puts the blade as far down as it will go, i like my edges deep. Youll need a spade for areas that are tight but it wont be much. when you are done you (or someone else) will have to mulch because it will look bad if it isnt. go to whatever lengths nesesary to get one, it will be well worth the time. good luck

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

What type of edging are you talking about, planting beds or drives and walks?

7. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

If you`re talking walks and drives a tanaka three wheeled edger is about as good as it gets but pricy ($700+) Bed edging is a different animal.

8. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

it's mostly flower and plant beds the sidewalks and roads are done with a stick edger and are in great shape right now