power house mini skid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by paolaken, Jul 27, 2007.

1. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

many many times. don't know how i ever did it without it. i take my dingo everywhere. wish it only had 800 hrs on it.

2. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

My 425 has 1200 and still going strong - Powerhouse is a good unit as are most of the other major brands . BUT , no other tracked unit has tracks as wide or as smooth as the 425 - that is the sole variable that imo makes it imperative to use the Dingo since most of my work is on turf that I want to keep undamaged . Until someone else matches the track width , I won't consider using any other brand .

3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

The tracks on Boxers are the same width as the 425. And there is more versatility with the boxer because with the variable track model you can go from 32" wide to 43.5"wide.:clapping:

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Actually focal point is correct. The boxer track width is 7" and the dingo tx425 is 9.5". This may seem small, but I think it makes a difference. The variable track width is great, but scratching the hydraulic cylinders is a problem, and having that mechanism exposed to the terrain is not the best design.

I am with focal points on the track system. I wanted a machine that will not damage existing turf. The dingo is probably the best candidate for this function given the width of the track, the track design, and the machine is actually much lighter than a boxer(especially when you are comparing diesels). I am sure the boxer is better than the dingo in other departments... just not in my department!

For the right price, I would run a boxer... but if I was buying new it would have to be a dingo.

5. mphillips4739

mphillips4739 LawnSite Member

6. Lawnworks

from usa

Looks like a fair deal... not a flaming hot deal... but not bad.... hell of a lot better than buying everything new. I think the powerhouse is the same thing as a boxer.

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

if its this one, I didn't like it. It beat my gut up pretty good, I would say they are nothing like a Boxer- made by the same company but the boxer I used was a million times better.

In_Progress1.jpg

8. Lawnworks

from usa

No that is a Thomas.... powerhouse prowler and boxer are the exact same thing. I owned one for about a week... then sold it to one of my friends.

9. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

why did you sell it?

10. Lawnworks

from usa

I own a Dingo!

No I bought it just to sell it... I wanted some attachments that went w/ it... I paid $3000 for it w/ trencher(new teeth), McCollough cover-up, auger w/ 36" bit, and a bucket. Supposedly it had a blown engine... but my buddy that bought thinks it is just a valve or something. I ended up selling it to my buddy for $3500 and gave him my old trencher, bucket, and the auger w/ a new 18" bit.... it was a hell of a deal for both of us. I still prefer my dingo though.