Power maxx/honda small engines.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark Lawncare, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I imagine the "buyer beware" phrase works very well here. You may want to go looking for a "Power Maxx" dealer in your area.. if you can't find one, it's a pretty good clue the engines are cheap Honda knock offs and their "We stand behind it 100%" line won't do anything for you if you can't find them when it blows up on you.
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

From what I understand it is very similar to the honda engines! (internal) Honda has sued them but got denied. Thats all I heard so far, still tryin to dig up info. on it though! Ill let you know!
  4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Unbelievable how china is killing the U.S. economy. Cheap s**t like this pisses me off like you wouln't believe. They state in the auction that you can use honda parts in 99% of this engine. Why would you waste your money on this if you can just buy the real thing? To bad honda wasn't able to sue them!!
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

All this China Crap should be shipped back to China because its just plain junk.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

EXACTLY! Just what i was thinking
  7. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Our Government should pass just one more law...

We should require that EVERYTHING made in China and sold in the United States, have a non-removeable, four foot by eight foot placard attached to it, made out of 3/4" plywood, painted bright (Wal-Mart smiley-face) yellow that says "Made In China".

Just say no to Communist prison labor and subsidized industry or the next business they'll come for will be yours.

8. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

I was a little set back when I saw the "Made in Taiwan" sticker on my new Oregon grinder. :realmad:
    Not much I can do but hope it works alright.
  9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you think our equipment is so expensive now....Because china is buyihng up all our steel to make stuff just like this engine to sell right back to us. Had the US not sold all of our steel, timber, cloth, thread, etc to china, do you think our economy and our prices of new stuff would be so high?

I don't think so. Its just going to get worse. and the problem is, you cant stop buying chinese, because its in just about everything. Is every part in your equipment american? NO. Just because it says made in usa doesnt mean made with usa parts.

Soon, we will be a country which imports all things we need and our economy will be filled with service jobs...like ours, with prices kept artificially low due to people needing to make at least a little money to go to Wal-mart, and complete the cycle.