Power Pro by mccullouch trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mopar4u, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mopar4u

mopar4u LawnSite Member

17" 32cc weed trimmer
    Neighbor gave me this. I don't think it has many hours on it. I can't get it to start (neither could he). I've been through the carb several times with carb cleaner and compressed air including the removal of the welch plug. I snuck it into the dishwasher once to get some heat applied to it. It has fresh 40:1 gas. Plug has a nice golden brown look to it. the carb is a walbro wt 434

compression is 100psi
    piston and cylinder look good from exhaust side
    removed the fuel filter temporily just to make sure that was not the problem.

I stripped this thing down to bear bones and cleaned with carb cleaner and compressed air (removed welch plug, fuel screen, L and H needles, etc). I can get it started by holding the throttle wide open and pulling the starter. It runs good mid and above, but it won't idle on its own. Played with the L and H screws. Maxed out the idle screw. No luck. advice?

[​IMG]

2. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah toss it in the trash. lol

3. B&A lawn care

B&A lawn care LawnSite Member

Classic symptoms of a crankcase air leak. Crankshaft seals, carb base gasket are a couple common places for leaks. A parts order with shipping will likely total out to the sale prices for new ones. New ones were like $50 at TSC early in the spring. Have fun playing with it but Zemzabob had it about right sorry to say.

4. Den69RS96

Den69RS96 LawnSite Member

crank in the fuel line. Since you cleaned the carb, I bet you need to replace the fuel lines.