1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Power Pruning Saw Questions

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by leeave96, Aug 20, 2007.

1. leeave96

leeave96 LawnSite Member

I am considering buying a pruning saw to keep some overhanging limbs trimmed back on a couple of roads on my property.

I am looking at Stihl and Echo. Just getting started - any advice would be appreciated.

I believe some of the dealers within striking distance of where I live may have some older Stihl models that are pre-4 mix.

Can anyone recommend an older true 2 cycle Stihl or Echo models to keep an eye out for?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Nothing wrong with the 4mix. It has a lot of power and torque.
  3. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

Stihl is the only choice when it comes to anything chainsaw related. Best chains, bars, oilers, clutches, design... etc...
  4. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

In fact, the 4mix is the "only" worthwhile machine that works kickass.
    Torque, good sounding machine and lots of power.

It sounds like a small motorcycle one of my guys said. It's not wing ding ding sounding if you know what I mean!! :laugh:

5. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I do have an echo ppt-260 that I have had for about 3 years and I love it to death. It is the best piece of echo equipment I have ever bought.

However, after buying a Stihl ms192 for palm tree trimming and a ms290 for bigger stuff, I wanna buy the Stihl pruner just because.......
  7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

You talking about the chainsaw on a stick pole pruner?
  8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Echos and work. I love them and they they are great, but I've never used a Stihl. From what I've heard, Stihl is the only way to go.
  9. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Don't know if this link is going to work. Any way, one of the LCO in the complex here bought one of these along with the hedge trimmer attachment.
    All he has to do is take the head off his Tanaka TBC 260 and he's off. He has both the Echo and Stihl pruners and he tells me his guys love the Tanaka because it is so much lighter. Also, Echo dose have the same set up to :rolleyes:
    ericg likes this.